Buffalo iguana legs taste just like buffalo chicken wings, but have much more meat! This recipe quickly and easily produces perfectly crispy-on-the-outside, juicy-on-the-inside iguana legs – Sure to surprise anyone you’re cooking for. Enjoy!
- Thawed, room temperature iguana legs
- Frying oil
- Buffalo sauce (We used Frank’s Extra Hot Buffalo Sauce)
- Ground black pepper
- Baking Powder
- Thaw desired amount of iguana legs and let them come to room temperature. Allowing the meat to raise to room temp. will help them cook more evenly.
- Heat oil in a pan to 350-375°F. Use enough oil to fully cover the legs when they are placed in.
- Season the legs with salt and pepper as desired.
- Lightly coat seasoned meat with baking powder (NOT baking soda). This will help the meat come out crispy on the outside.
- Carefully place iguana legs in pre-heated oil. Cook for 12-15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Once they are crispy and golden-brown, place them on a plate with paper towels to collect any excess oil.
- Toss cooked iguana legs in your favorite buffalo sauce and serve hot.